Helping others is a core value for Coherent Advice, giving time and effort to support the community is a commitment that is confirmed every day. Past and current community related accomplishments of Mr. Lark are shown below.
Supporting Community Priorities
- Awarded the Queen's Jubilee Medal by the Deputy Prime Minister for his work in the community.
- Awarded the Paul Harris Fellowship by the Ottawa Rotary Club for the successful completion of the $7 million capital campaign for the Ottawa Rotary Home.
- Board Member of the Ottawa Rotary Club.
- Chair of the Governance Committee for Elmwood School.
- Chair of the Alternative Schools Advisory Council.
- Chair of the Riverview School Parents Advisory Council.
- Chair of the Alta Vista Visioning Committee.
- President of the Alta Vista Community Association.
- President of the Canadian Conference for Fisheries Research.
- Co-Chair of the Building the Dream capital campaign for Elmwood School.
- President of the Rennsport Region of the Porsche Club of America.
- Chair of the Ottawa Rotary Home Foundation.
Member in good standing of:
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Project Management Institute
- Risk Management Institution of Australasia
- Ottawa Chamber of Commerce
Commitments to the Risk Management Community
- Convened a one day meeting of global Experts on Risk management and sponsored a one day forum for private and public sector risk managers.
- Chaired and presented at over 20 risk management conferences organized by the Conference Board of Canada, Infonex, Federated Press and the Canadian Institute.
- Presented at the Canadian Project Management Forum convened by HRSDC.
- Served on the Canadian Standards Risk Management Technical Committee for 4 years.
- Assisted in the development and completion of CAN/CSA Q3001:2010.
- Was a Canadian Delegate to the ISO Committee developing ISO 31004, a guide to ISO 31000:2009.
- Supported the organization of the 2012 G31000 meeting in Paris, the first global conference on ISO 31000:2009.
- Met with staff from the Australian Centre of Excellence in Risk Assessment (ACERA) at the University of Melbourne to discuss core concepts, processes and challenges in risk management in 2008, 2010 and 2012.
Coherent Advice is a proud supporter of the Ottawa Rotary Home Foundation